We never really think about everything our HVAC technicians do until our air conditioner isn’t cooling during a Texas heat wave or the heater isn’t working during one of our cold spells. HVAC technicians are responsible for repairing, installing, and maintaining heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration systems. HVAC techs can work on residential and commercial HVAC systems to ensure that your home and office have properly functioning heating and air conditioning systems.
At Lex Air Conditioning and Heating, our Roanoke HVAC technicians are expertly trained in handling all your heating and cooling system needs. No matter the problem, big or small, you can count on an HVAC technician from Lex Air Conditioning and Heating to always provide the highest quality service. Whether you need routine maintenance or a complete HVAC system replacement, our techs have you covered. To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced technicians, call us today at (972) 217-8955.
What’s the Difference Between Air Conditioning Contractors and an Air Conditioning Technician?
An HVAC contractor is typically someone that works on their own. They will look for service contracts, like designing new HVAC systems for new buildings. If the project is small enough, the HVAC contractor will perform the job by themself. If the job is larger and requires more hands, they might hire HVAC technicians to assist with the work.
An HVAC technician is either a full-time technician or in the middle of a paid apprenticeship program. If they’re an apprentice, they’re typically employed full-time by an HVAC contractor or business. If they’ve completed the HVAC training program and graduated from their apprenticeship, HVAC techs can handle all service calls on their own, whether it’s an installation, repair, or regular maintenance call. HVAC technicians are typically employed by either an HVAC contractor or a business; they do not work on their own.
Typical Duties of an HVAC Technician
Some of the typical duties of an HVAC technician include the following:
- Installation: HVAC technicians will install a heating and air conditioning system in new buildings or replace existing HVAC equipment with a new system.
- Repair: HVAC techs can diagnose and repair problems with various heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Heating and AC repairs include replacing parts or repairing electrical and mechanical components.
- Maintenance: HVAC technicians will perform routine maintenance on heating and air conditioning units to ensure that they’re working properly. Regular maintenance includes cleaning coils, checking refrigerant levels, and replacing air filters. Customers that sign up for our maintenance plan, the Cool Club, will receive routine maintenance calls twice a year.
- Customer Service: Our technicians interact with customers daily. When Lex Air sends an HVAC technician to your home, they will explain the work that needs to be done and answer any questions you may have. Whether you have questions about your new programmable thermostat or improving your indoor air quality, our technicians have an answer.
- Troubleshooting: HVAC technicians need to be able to identify and troubleshoot problems with HVAC systems. They must know how to use various diagnostic tools like thermometers, voltmeters, and pressure gauges to determine the cause of the problem.
How To Become an HVAC Technician
To begin your HVAC career in Texas, you can follow these steps:
- High school diploma or GED: Many HVAC programs require a high school diploma or GED.
- HVAC training program: You can enroll in an HVAC training program at various technical schools, community colleges, or vocational schools. An HVAC training program can last anywhere between six months to two years to complete. These programs offer classes and hands-on training.
- HVAC certification: In Texas, the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) requires all HVAC technicians to obtain a license in order to work in the state.
- Work experience: HVAC employers prefer to hire HVAC technicians with work experience. In order to gain work experience, you work an apprenticeship program with a licensed HVAC technician. This can be done by working with a licensed HVAC technician for four years or by obtaining an HVAC certificate and working with an HVAC technician for three years. Some exceptions, like military experience, can result in either a full or partial exemption from this step.
- Obtain an HVAC license: In order to obtain your HVAC license, you must pass the HVAC licensing exam.
What’s Expected of Our HVAC Technicians at Lex Air Conditioning and Heating
At Lex Air, our HVAC technicians are some of the best in the industry. Don’t take our word for it; we were voted Best HVAC professionals in Dallas in 2021 by Expertise.com! At Lex Air, continuing education is important to us. All of our HVAC technicians have received all the HVAC certifications required and remain up to date on all the newest technologies in the industry. We equip our techs with only the best tools available. At Lex Air, our goal is to fix your cooling and heating systems issue the first time around. With decades of experience, our HVAC techs can handle whatever issue you’re having with your HVAC system.
What You Can Expect When You Call an HVAC Tech from Lex Air
When you call Lex Air, you’ll be paired with one of our expert Rowlett HVAC technicians. Once the call is received, your technician will contact you and discuss the issues you’re experiencing before heading your way. When your HVAC tech arrives, they will diagnose the problem and offer the best solutions. You can trust that during this time, your technician will let you know what’s going on every step of the way. The last thing we want is for our customers to feel like they’re left in the dark. Our HVAC technicians work with all types of HVAC systems, so no problem is too big or small for us to handle. Once your maintenance visit has been completed, your Euless HVAC technician will reach out to you with a follow-up and request a review.
Call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating for All Your Carrollton HVAC Needs
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating have been servicing Carrollton, TX, and the surrounding areas for years. As a family-owned and operated business, you know that you will receive excellent customer service every time. When you choose Lex Air for your heating and cooling systems needs, you’ll be treated like family. Our expert HVAC technicians can handle any heating, ventilation, and air conditioning problems, big or small. Contact Lex Air Conditioning and Heating today to schedule a service appointment by calling (972) 217-8955 or filling out our online form.