AC Repair Grapevine, TX
Expert HVAC Maintenance, Repairs, and Replacement
Come July, air conditioning units are humming as most of our 48,000 residents have their air conditioners cranked up far too high. During this time, humidity and heat often work together to create a “real feel” average July temperature of near, at, or more than 100 degrees here in Grapevine, Texas.
The same goes for the months of June, August, and even September, and May and October certainly aren’t exactly cool either. So if at any time your air conditioning equipment starts to malfunction, it can result in a loss of comfort and cooling capabilities, which is never a fun time in the extreme Texas heat. When you need immediate help from a team of local HVAC contractors with extensive experience in all things heating, cooling, and indoor air quality, be sure to call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating.
Contact our Grapevine air conditioning and heating contractors at the first sign of an HVAC problem. Schedule an appointment today for AC or heater repair in Grapevine, TX.
Tips for Keeping a Cool House
Air conditioning repairs can take several days at the beginning of the summer. Why? Because many air conditioning units across the area haven’t been turned on for months and issues that may have been festering silently now have a chance to break down the unit. So while it seems like everybody and their mother is requesting air conditioning repair services in Grapevine, TX, it may mean that you have to wait a few days before your AC system can be serviced.
If your unit should go on the fritz during one of the hottest days of the summer, what can you do to help keep your home cool while you wait for our Grapevine air conditioning repair company to arrive? Below, we’ve included a few helpful tips for our air conditioning contractors at Lex Air.
How to Keep Your Home Cool
- Run major appliances after dark (the later the better) instead of during the day. By running a washing machine at 3 p.m. you’re actually working to increase what is known as your home’s heat load. Appliances such as a washing machine, dishwasher, and dryer generate a good deal of heat, drastically increasing the temperature in your house. What’s more, the heat load doesn’t go down for hours, even if you turn the appliance off. The same goes for your gas stove and oven: the later you cook dinner, the less you’ll increase the heat in your home.
- Closing your home’s shades and curtains during the day can help keep the home cool. This is especially important for south and west-facing windows, as the sun tends to move from east to west during the day in a southerly manner, thereby shining more rays on the south side of your home than any other side. West-facing windows will get the sun’s heat at the end of the day, exacerbating the heat as it increases when morning turns into afternoon. You should also close shutters/blinds on east-facing windows in the morning, as doing so can help keep the rising sun’s rays from heating your home, allowing the cooler temperatures of the morning to remain.
- Make sure your home’s windows are well insulated. The same goes for crawl spaces and doors. Check insulation around air ducts as well as basement and/or attic insulation. You’ll also want to check how airtight your chimney is, as outdoor heat can make its way through a fireplace, too. In addition to helping your home remain cool, this can also keep energy costs low, as it takes less energy to effectively cool your home.
- Open your windows on the downwind side of your home and place window fans in them, facing out. Open all of your home’s interior doors. When the heat starts to return, remove the fans and close the windows. This helps trap cold air inside.
For all of your Grapevine AC service needs, call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating today!
What Can Cause an AC to Stop Working?
There are several things that can disrupt the performance of your air conditioner, such as a clogged air filter, frozen evaporator coil, refrigerant leak, or damaged mechanical components. To best determine the specific cause of the breakdown, you will need to consult with a professional Grapevine air conditioning contractor from our team who will be able to locate and remedy the problem right away.
If you are uncertain whether or not you require air conditioning services, keep an eye out for the following signs:
How Do I Know If I Need My AC Serviced?
- If the overall comfort and humidity levels in your home have changed
- If the air conditioner is only producing hot or warm air
- If the rooms in your home vary in temperature
- If the AC unit is emitting loud and unusual noises, similar to squealing or rattling
- If your monthly energy bills have significantly increased
- If the air conditioner is leaking
- If the system is lacking in airflow
- If there is a foul odor permeating your home when the air conditioner is running
If you have noticed any of the above issues, it’s important that you contact the experienced team of Grapevine HVAC contractors at Lex Air Conditioning and Heating right away. Delaying a necessary repair can result in further damage to the cooling equipment, and in some cases an early replacement.
Avoid The Waitlist – Sign Up for Our HVAC Maintenance Plan Today
Any HVAC company will tell you that regular, preventive maintenance is key to keeping your HVAC systems running smoothly year-round and getting the most out of their lifespan. What’s more, keeping up with regular heating and air conditioning maintenance will make way for long-term savings by lowering utility bills, requiring fewer repairs, and less frequent HVAC system replacements.
It’s not always easy to remember to schedule a preventive maintenance visit once or twice per year, though. At Lex Air Conditioning and Heating, we understand this, which is why we are proud to offer our Grapevine customers an affordable HVAC maintenance plan that ensures they remain up-to-date on all annual tune-ups. When you sign up to be a member of the Cool Club, you’ll be alerted when essential services are needed. You’ll also be able to set a scheduled time for cooling and heating system inspections, whether you’re gearing up for the heat of the summer or the chill of the winter. Twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, we’ll send our Texas air conditioning contractors out to your home to perform an inspection of your heating and AC units and make an informed decision regarding any adjustments or repairs that may be necessary.
Other benefits you’ll receive when you sign up for the Cool Club include:
- Priority front-of-the-line service
- No overtime or after-hours charges
- New equipment discounts
- 15% discount on repair parts and repair labor
Comprehensive Grapevine HVAC Services
Our heating and cooling experts here at Lex Air are prepared to handle any size HVAC project, whether it’s a simple tune-up or an entire system replacement. We make sure every job we take on is handled with superior performance and in a timely manner. Take a look at some of the many HVAC services we offer, including:
Grapevine Air Conditioning Services
- Air Conditioning Repair: Our Grapevine air conditioning repair technicians are backed by decades of experience, so we know how to identify and resolve problems quickly. Our fully-stocked trucks come with all the tools and technology to take care of your issue as soon as possible, so you never have to go without a working air conditioner for long.
- Air Conditioning Installation: Even the most well-maintained air conditioners don’t last forever, so if your system is 15-20 years or older, and you are noticing frequent problems, you may need a replacement. At Lex Air, we provide Grapevine air conditioner installation for all the top makes and models of HVAC equipment.
- Air Conditioning Tune-Ups: If you want to get the most out of your HVAC system, it is essential to schedule periodic tune-ups. Doing so helps you save money in the long run, ensuring your air conditioner works better, lasts longer, is more energy-efficient, and minor issues are identified and fixed before they lead to expensive repairs or replacements.
- Ductless Mini-Splits: If you’re looking for a fast way to eliminate air loss and increase home comfort, a ductless air conditioning system may be just what you need.
Grapevine Heating Services
- Heater Repair: If your heating system isn’t working as it should, we’ll help you get to the bottom of the problem ASAP, and come up with the most cost-efficient solution for your heating repair needs.
- Heater Installation: Whether upgrading heating units for better energy efficiency or replacing a heater that’s reached the end of its lifespan, our technicians have the services and systems needed to improve home comfort for years down the line.
- Heater Tune-Ups: Included in our Grapevine heating services are heater tune-ups, which are designed to increase performance, reduce costs, and keep your home comfortable all year long.
- Heat Pumps: When you need heat pump repair or installation, turn to our Grapevine heat pump experts. As a leader in the heating-air conditioning industry, our company is familiar with and has access to all makes, models, and brands of equipment.
Grapevine Indoor Air Quality Services
- Air Scrubbers: Our HVAC experts offer a high-tech solution for improving your indoor air quality: Air Scrubber By Aerus. This air purification product uses the latest version of ActivePure technology to eliminate airborne contaminants and improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Dehumidifiers/Humidifiers: Call Lex Air today to start regulating humidity levels on your property, and say goodbye to air that is overly moist or dry for good.
- Air Duct Cleaning: Our experts are equipped with all the industry-leading tools and technology to restore your air ducts to peak condition and help your HVAC system function unobstructed once again.
Call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating for All Your HVAC Needs
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating has been offering air conditioning and heating services for two generations throughout Grapevine, Irving, Fort Worth, and the surrounding communities. We’re a family-owned business, operated by brothers Cory and Anthony, who learned the fine art of air conditioner whispering from their father. In addition, each of our HVAC contractors has undergone extensive training and is fully equipped with the high-quality tools and advanced technology to always get the job done right the first time.
Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and we ensure we achieve that by providing superior service, quality work, and great value with every home project we take on. Plus, we are also proud to provide our Grapevine customers with easy HVAC financing options as well as regular specials and discounts.