Grapevine AC & Heater Repair
Expert HVAC Maintenance, Repairs, and Replacement
Come July, air conditioning units are humming as most of our 48,000 residents have their air conditioners cranked up too high. Humidity and heat often work together to create a “real feel” average July temperature of near, at or more than 100 degrees here in Grapevine. Ditto for August and even September. June certainly isn’t exactly cool and neither is May or October. So if your AC starts to malfunction this can result in a loss of comfort and cooling capabilities. This is the time to call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating.
Contact our expert team at the first sign of an HVAC problem. Schedule an appointment today for AC or heater repair in Grapevine, TX.
Tips for Keeping a Cool House
AC repairs can take several days in the beginning of the summer. Why? Because many air conditioning units haven’t been turned on for months, and issues that may have been festering silently now have a chance to break down the unit. So if your unit should go on the fritz during one of the hottest days of the summer, what can you do to help keep your home cool while you wait for our Grapevine AC repair company to arrive?
How to Keep Your Home Cool
- Run major appliances after dark (the later the better) instead of during the day. Run a washing machine at 3 p.m. and you’re working to actually increase what is known as your home’s heat load. Appliances such as the clothes washer, the dishwasher, and dryer generate a good deal of heat, increasing the temperature in your house. What’s more, the heat load doesn’t go down for hours, even if you turn the appliance off. The same goes for your gas stove and oven: the later you cook dinner, the less you’ll increase the heat in your home.
- Closing your home’s shades and curtains during the day can help keep the home cool. This is especially important for south and west-facing windows as the sun tends to move from east to west during the day in a southerly manner, thereby shining more rays on the south side of your home than any other side. West-facing windows will get the sun’s heat at the end of the day, exacerbating the heat as it increases as morning becomes afternoon. Close shutters/blinds on east-facing windows in the morning; doing so can help keep the rising sun’s rays from heating your home, allowing the cooler temperatures of the morning to remain.
- Make sure your home’s windows are well insulated. The same goes for crawl spaces and doors. Check insulation around air ducts in your attic and/or basement. Check how airtight your chimney is – outdoor heat can make its way through a fireplace, too.
- Open your windows on the downwind side of your home and place window fans in them, facing out. Open all of your home’s interior doors. When the heat starts to return, remove the fans and close the windows. This helps trap cooler air inside.
For all of your Grapevine AC repair and replacement needs, call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating!
What Can Cause an AC to Stop Working?
There are several things that can disrupt your air conditioner’s performance, such as a clogged air filter, frozen evaporator coil, refrigerant leak, or damaged mechanical components. To best determine the specific cause of the breakdown, you will need to consult with a professional Grapevine AC repair technician from our team who will be able to locate and remedy the problem. However, if you are uncertain if your AC needs to be serviced, keep an eye out for the following signs.
How Do I Know If I Need My AC Serviced?
- If the overall comfort and humidity levels in your home have changed
- If the air conditioner is only producing hot or warm air
- If the rooms in your home vary in temperature
- If the AC unit is emitting loud and unusual noises, similar to squealing or rattling
- If your monthly utility bills have significantly increased
- If the air conditioner is leaking
- If the system is lacking in airflow
- If there is a foul odor permeating your home when the air conditioner is running
If you have noticed any of the above issues, it’s best to contact Lex Air Conditioning and Heating right away. Delaying a necessary repair can result in further damage to the system, and in some cases an early replacement.
Call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating for All Your HVAC Needs
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating has been offering air conditioning and heating services for two generations throughout Grapevine and the surrounding communities. We’re a family-owned business, operated by brothers Cory and Anthony, who learned the fine art of air conditioner whispering from their father.
$69 Heating Tune-Up Special Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Contact Lex Air Conditioning and Heating for complete details. Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
$60 Off Any Repair Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. One per household. Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
10% Off Repair for University Students & Staff Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
10% Off Repair for Seniors 55 and OlderValid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
10% Off Repair for Active Military and Veterans Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
Free Filters with Purchase of Cool Club Maintenance Plan Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Apr 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
Free Service Call With Repairs Over $250 Cannot be combined with any other offer.Valid from Jan 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022
10% Off Air Scrubbers by Aerus Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. One per household.Valid from Oct 1, 2021 - Jun 30, 2022