Reliable AC & Heating Repair & Installation in Plano, TX
Air Conditioner and Heating Repair, Maintenance, and Replacement Services
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating services Plano homes and small businesses for HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance. Family owned and operated, our team of licensed Texas contractors provide fast service and superior performance.
We offer the following to our customers:
- 24/7 emergency repair service
- Repair and maintenance of all HVAC brands
- Competitive pricing, financing, and specials available
For expert Plano heating and AC repair, tune-ups, and new installation projects, call (972) 217-8955.
Common Problems with Newer Central AC Units
- Improper sizing of unit to home: It’s not uncommon for an AC unit to be too small for a large, new home. Smaller units cost less for developers to install yet often aren’t large enough to cool down a home with high square footage.
- Bad wiring: Depending on the home builder and AC contractor, uncertified technicians could have installed faulty wiring which can trip the circuit breaker and is a fire hazard.
- Inadequate Testing: Many new home AC systems aren’t tested properly in respect to the entire central air system including the AC unit, air ducts, and thermostats. Inadequate testing could lead to an AC system that is set up for failure in the long run.
If you are dealing with any of the above issues, call our Plano AC repair specialists to discover how we can help you get your air conditioner back up and running quickly.
Common Problems with Old Residential AC Systems
Plano also has a large number of existing homes and businesses. Problems with old AC units are far different from new units.
- Refrigerant leaks: AC units low on refrigerant could be experiencing a leak. Realize adding more refrigerant does not solve the underlying problem. Contact Lex Air Conditioning and Heating to repair the leak and add more coolant.
- AC Fan or Compressor failure: Common with old systems, these are critical and costly parts that eventually break down. A repair could solve the issue, but it is more costly than a full AC replacement.
- Frozen inside air coil: Air coils that freeze are often caused by dirty filters or blocked air ducts. Unless your AC system is regularly being maintained, repairs and breakdowns for frozen air coils are likely to occur. Learn more about our active maintenance programs.
Prevent Plano Heater Repairs with Proper Maintenance
In winter’s cold temperatures, having indoor heating is a must if you want to be safe and comfortable in your home. However, all appliances are vulnerable to problems, and your furnace is no exception. In order to get the best and most reliable performance from your heating unit, regular maintenance is key.
Neglecting certain areas of your heater care can result in:
- Sub-standard heating
- Abnormally high energy costs
- Even damage to the unit itself
For emergency heater repairs in Plano, TX call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating today!
Keep Your Heater Working Properly All Year Round
If you want to stay cozy and avoid problems this winter, here are some tips for keeping your heating unit working properly.
Keep Outdoor Vents Clear
If your home’s furnace vents to the outside, it’s essential that you keep this clear of obstructions. This time of year, snow drift can accumulate near the vent and block the flow of exhaust. However, this isn’t so much a functionality issue as it is a safety hazard. When exhaust can’t leave, it will be dispersed throughout your house instead.
This can result in a dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas that can prove fatal in high enough levels. While you’re clearing your sidewalks and brushing off your car, take a few minutes to clear the snow away from your exterior vents, too.
Change Your Filters
You should make sure to change your heater's filters as often as indicated by your unit’s manufacturer. These filters are responsible for cleaning the air from your furnace, and they can become clogged surprisingly fast. A full filter won’t allow as much warm air to pass through, which means you may experience inadequate heating. Furthermore, any allergens trapped in the fibers are released back into the air, worsening your allergies and making you feel miserable.
Schedule Professional Maintenance
At least twice per year, it’s recommended to have a heating technician come to your home to inspect the unit and perform routine maintenance. The technician will use this time to clean all of the components, inspect them for potential issues and replace them if necessary. By adhering to a regular maintenance and inspection schedule, you can reduce the chances that you’ll have to deal with an inconvenient furnace outage on a cold winter’s night.
If you want cleaner air and a more efficient heating system, then consider having your ducts cleaned at least every three years. Over time, ducts will collect large amounts of dust and debris. This reduces space and increases resistance, which cuts down on the flow of warm air throughout your home.
By keeping them clean, you’ll experience higher efficiency and better air movement. In addition, a duct cleaning will also decrease concentrations of airborne allergens in your home. It’s important to keep in mind that this is a job for properly equipped professionals and should never be attempted by yourself.
Be Keen to Problems
Part of good furnace maintenance means being able to recognize when things aren’t working properly. It’s important to familiarize yourself with these signs and to keep an eye out for them. Stay alert for knocking or grinding sounds, uneven heating, electrical issues or anything else out of the ordinary. If you notice one or more of these signs, call a professional heating repair specialist right away so they can diagnose and fix the problem.
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating offers same day AC and heater repairs at all hours. Call us at (972) 217-8955 and we will come out to fix your HVAC problem in Plano, TX.
10% Off Repair for University Students & StaffValid from Apr 16, 2020 - Apr 16, 2021
10% Off Repair for Seniors 55 and OlderValid from Apr 16, 2020 - Apr 16, 2021
10% Off Repair for Active Military and VeteransValid from Apr 16, 2020 - Apr 16, 2021
$69 Heating Tune-Up Cannot be combined with any other offers.Valid from Nov 24, 2020 - Mar 31, 2021
15% Off Any Repair Restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. One per household.Valid from Sep 1, 2020 - Mar 31, 2021