Plano AC & Heater Repair
Plano AC & Heater Repair
Quality HVAC Repair, Maintenance, and Replacement Services
Lex Air Conditioning and Heating services Plano homes and businesses for HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance / tune-ups. Family-owned and operated, our team of licensed Texas contractors provides fast service and superior performance. No matter the type of AC service for which you are looking (from heating services and cooling services, air conditioning replacement, HVAC units and standard models, central ac unit, an outdoor or indoor unit, checking or to increase the efficiency of refrigerant level, air duct cleaning, setting up a programmable thermostat, a new compressor to achieve comfortable temperature, etc.) our caring team of certified technicians will get the job done in a professional manner, ensuring great service, fair prices, and great value. Even with short notice, we’re prepared to provide immediate help with our emergency AC repair services in Plano, TX.
Looking for skilled HVAC technicians? Call our experienced Plano AC & heater repair team for tune-ups, new installation projects, and more at (972) 474-6925.
Common Problems with Newer Central Air Conditioning Units
If you are dealing with any of the heating and cooling issues below, call our Plano AC repair specialists to discover how we can help you get your air conditioner and/or furnaces back up and running quickly.
Why Is My New AC Not Working?
- Improper sizing of the unit to home: It’s not uncommon for an AC unit to be too small for a large, new home. Smaller units cost less for developers to install, yet often aren’t large enough to cool down homes with high square footage. Check out our blog for some common signs that your air conditioner isn’t properly sized.
- Bad wiring: Depending on the home builder and AC contractor, uncertified technicians could have installed faulty wiring, which can lead to multiple air conditioning problems, trip the circuit breaker, and is a fire hazard, especially when close to attic insulation.
- Inadequate Testing: Many new home AC systems aren’t tested properly in respect to the entire central air system including the AC unit, air ducts, and thermostats. Inadequate testing could lead to higher energy bills, less equipment efficiency, and an AC system that is set up for failure in the long run and won’t be covered by a home warranty company.
Common Problems with Old Residential AC Systems
Plano also has a large number of older homes and businesses. Problems with old AC units are far different from those involving new units. Our professional Plano air conditioning service repair team can help address issues and to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Issues Our Plano AC Repair Team Can Resolve:
- Refrigerant leaks: Air Conditioning units low on refrigerant could be experiencing a leak. It’s important to understand that simply adding more refrigerant does not solve the underlying problem. Contact our Plano AC repair experts to fix the leak by adding more coolant and enhancing the air flow. Routine maintenance services will also help prevent leaks or the exacerbation of leaks.
- Air Conditioner Fan or Compressor failure: Common with old HVAC systems and air conditioner systems, fans and compressors are critical and costly parts that eventually break down. Air conditioning equipment repairs could solve the issue, but may prove more costly than a full air conditioning unit replacement.
- Frozen inside air coil: Air coils that freeze are often caused by dirty filters or blocked air ducts. Unless your HVAC system is regularly being maintained and repaired, breakdowns and frozen air coils are likely to occur. You can learn more about our active maintenance programs in Plano, TX here.
How to Determine When it’s Time for HVAC / Air Conditioning and Heating Replacement
Most homeowners have paid a lot of money for their home’s air conditioning system. It only makes sense to want to get the most out of that system. The longer the HVAC system lasts; the greater the ROI. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. AC units can last for many years, but eventually, even after a number of ac repairs, they’ll need to be replaced. We’ll provide you with some common signs that might indicate the need for a full replacement as opposed to air conditioning repair.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner:
- Your AC system has a SEER rating that is less than 13. Systems that have a SEER rating of less than 13 are using too much energy and likely costing you more money on your energy bills or air conditioning repairs than necessary. By having your AC system replaced, you can help the environment and pay less money for energy.
- Your air conditioning system is 15 years or older. On average, most air conditioners have a lifespan of about 15 to 20 years. However, to continue operating for 15 to 20 years, air conditioners must receive proper maintenance from expert HVAC technicians.
- Your air conditioning system uses R22 refrigerant. New regulations for air conditioner and heating equipment prevent the use of R22 refrigerants. Unfortunately, this type of refrigerant has a negative impact on the environment. By having your current R22-based Plano air conditioning system replaced, you can save money and help protect the environment.
- You notice an increase in your energy bill. If a unit is receiving proper maintenance, it shouldn’t cause the energy bill to rise every month. If your energy bill is continuing to skyrocket, it could be a sign that you need to have your air conditioning system replaced and not just hire a company for another HVAC tune up or repair.
- Your home is less comfortable. The purpose of an air conditioning system is to make your home comfortable. It filters air and maintains your ideal temperature. If you regularly find hot or cold spots throughout your home, you should consider getting your AC system replaced. However, before having the system completely replaced, it’s important to make sure it’s getting proper filter changes and maintenance.
If you notice any of these signs, reach out to our expert Plano, TX AC replacement team. Our company can help evaluate your unit and discuss your options to ensure you receive the best heating and cooling system for your needs. Most modern heating or cooling systems have excellent energy efficiency and use much less energy than older models.
Use Plano, TX Heating Maintenance to Prevent Heater Repairs
In winter’s cold temperatures, having indoor heating solutions such as furnaces are a must if you want to be comfortable and warm in your home. However, all appliances are vulnerable to problems, such as deteriorating heat pumps, and your furnace is no exception. In order to get the best and most reliable performance from your heating unit, regular maintenance is key.
Neglecting Certain Areas of Your Heater Care Can Result In:
- Sub-standard heating
- Abnormally high energy costs
- Even damage to the unit itself
For emergency heater repairs in Plano, TX, call Lex Air Conditioning and Heating today for quick, valuable, and great service!
Keep Your Heater Working Properly All Year Round
If you want to stay cozy and avoid problems this winter, here are some tips for keeping your heating solutions working properly.
Keep Outdoor Vents Clear
If your home’s furnace vents to the outside, it’s essential that you keep it clear of any potential obstructions. This time of year, snowdrifts can accumulate near the vent and block the flow of heat exhaust. However, this isn’t so much a functionality service issue as it is a safety hazard. When exhaust can’t leave, it will be dispersed throughout your house instead.
This obstructed heat and exhaust can result in a dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas that can prove fatal at high enough levels. While you’re clearing your sidewalks and brushing off your car, take a few minutes to clear the snow away from your exterior heating equipment vents, too.
Change Your Filters
You should make sure to change your heater filters as often as indicated by your unit’s manufacturer. These filters are responsible for cleaning the air from your furnace, and they can become clogged surprisingly fast. A full filter won’t allow as much warm air to pass through, which means you may experience inadequate heating equipment output. Furthermore, any allergens trapped in the fibers are released back into the air, worsening your allergies and likely making you feel miserable.
Schedule Professional Maintenance
At least twice per year, it’s recommended to have Plano, TX HVAC technicians come to your home to inspect the unit and perform routine maintenance. The HVAC or heating technicians will use this time to clean components, inspect them for potential issues, and replace them if necessary. By adhering to a regular maintenance, heating or AC repairs, and inspection schedule, you can reduce the chances that you’ll have to deal with an inconvenient furnace outage on a cold winter’s night.
If you want cleaner air and a more efficient heating system, then consider having your ducts cleaned at least every three years. Over time, ducts will collect large amounts of dust and debris. This reduces space and increases resistance, which cuts down on the flow of warm or cooling air throughout your home.
With clean air ducts, you’ll experience full efficiency and an overall better air flow. In addition, a duct cleaning will also decrease concentrations of airborne allergens in your home. It’s important to keep in mind that this is a job for properly equipped professionals and should never be attempted by yourself, but rather an experienced company with the specific services you require.
Be Keen to Problems
Part of good furnace maintenance means being able to recognize when things aren’t working properly and need repair or another service action. It’s important to familiarize yourself with these signs and to keep an eye out for them. Stay alert for knocking or grinding sounds, uneven heating, electrical issues, or anything else out of the ordinary. If you notice one or more of these signs, call a professional Plano, TX heater repair specialist right away so they can diagnose and fix the problem with 5-star customers service.