HVAC Services in Keller, TX
Keller Heating & Air Services
Keeping Your Family Comfortable Is What We Do Best
Looking for a reliable HVAC company? Your search ends here. Since opening our doors over 30 years ago, our team at Lex Air Conditioning and Heating has remained committed to offering the most dependable and affordable heating and cooling services throughout Keller and the surrounding regions. We understand the importance of keeping your family comfortable, which is why you can always count on us to deliver high-quality workmanship and get the job done right the first time with our great service and years of heating/cooling expertise.
Ductless Mini-Splits Keller, TX
What Are Ductless Mini-Split Systems?
Ductless mini-split systems, also known as single-zone ductless systems, operate without the use of air ducts. A typical air conditioner uses a single unit to disperse air around the house. Only a single room or area will be served by a mini-split indoor unit, as each unit has its own fan and evaporator coil. Lex Air not only knows the best circumstances that suit these types of units but also which particular ductless mini-split system will suit your needs. Ductless mini-split air conditioning units are a wonderful alternative to building a separate heating and cooling system for additions or refurbished space and require little to no maintenance or are easy for replacement. Our HVAC professionals at Lex Air Conditioning and Heating can provide you with a variety of installation alternatives as well as great service, quality work, and excellent customer service for all your Keller heating and air conditioning needs.
Where is a Mini Split Air Conditioner System Best Suited And Why?
Mini-split ductless air conditioners may be used in a variety of household settings, but perhaps the most prevalent use is in multi-family homes when modest apartments or room extensions are still being built. This type of air conditioning unit is suitable for basements, man caves, or mother-in-law suite extensions, or when expanding or adding air distribution ducting is not possible for either heating or cooling purposes.
Mini-splits include two primary components, similar to traditional central systems: an external condenser (which houses the compressor) and an internal air handler unit. The outdoor unit half and interior half of the unit are connected by power, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and a condensate drain. For home owners who want to make these sorts of additions to their home, we urge your to use our premier HVAC maintenance company located right here in Keller, Texas. Our service company professionals are well educated and knowledgeable on the complexities of all ductless mini split systems.
With excellent service, 24/7 emergency repair, and professional dedication to make both your equipment and home comfortable and efficient on its utility bills, Lex Air is your best choice for heating/cooling services in Keller, TX. We truly care about our customers, their homes, lives, families, and comfort. Call now at (972) 217-8955 to get an installation or replacement estimate so you can get back to comfortable living.
Pros of Mini-Split Systems
- They are compact in size and offer a great deal of versatility when it comes to good heating and cooling of particular rooms.
- Units can be divided into zones with what are called multi-zone ductless systems. Some variants include up to four interior air handling units linked to a single outside air conditioner unit. Because every area would have its own thermostat, heating or cooling would only be necessary when it is inhabited, conserving energy and utility bill costs.
- When it comes to AC installation, mini-split systems are often much simpler to install than an American standard central air conditioner or HVAC system. The conduit for the connection among the outside and inside units simply has to be drilled into a three-inch hole in the wall. As a result of the easy set up, this unit system is great for cooling a basement.
- Because they don’t have ductwork, they don’t lose as much power as forced air systems.
- Mini-split systems are more flexible in terms of architectural spaces than other “add-on” solutions. They can be put on a wall, hung from the ceiling, or placed level against a drop ceiling.
- Added security is a byproduct benefit of mini-split systems. For instance, trespassers may easily enter through window unit AC installation, while with ductless mini spits, only a tiny hole in the wall is needed for AC installation.
- The Trane ductless indoor units come with the “Auto Clean” option. Triple filtration eliminates moisture and ensures that the air you breathe is pristine.
- Because energy is no longer wasted through inadequately insulated ducting, it is far more energy-efficient.
Cons of Mini-Split Systems
- Mini-split setups are roughly 30% more expensive than standard air conditioner cooling systems.
- Technicians need to accurately estimate each interior unit and assess the ideal place for its placement, which requires calculations by a reputable professional. Short-cycling is a common effect of oversized or poorly positioned air-handlers, which wastes power and therefore does not offer appropriate temperature and humidity management.
- Some people dislike how these units look in their homes.
Commercial Ductless Mini Splits
Mini split systems are not limited to only home owners. Numerous commercial constructions can benefit from mini-split systems, as well. They provide localized heating/cooling that is free from the central system, providing efficient and cost-effective management for just those zones which are engaged. Every office could enjoy its own temperature regulation using a mini-split zone system. Just think – no more staff arguments about thermostat settings.
Our replacement, maintenance, and installation services are available 24/7. Choose Lex Air to experience excellent service for any of your heating/cooling needs, with fair pricing and quality results guaranteed.
Signs You Need to Repair Your AC
Whether due to extensive use, a lack of maintenance, or other circumstances, AC repair is inevitable. Even problems that appear to be very minor should be inspected by a qualified professional right away to prevent further damage.
Signs That You Need Air Conditioning Repair in Keller, TX Include:
- Your energy bills are through the roof
- Your AC makes loud noises
- Your AC cycles on and off constantly
- The evaporator coils are frozen
- Your AC is leaking
- Your AC produces hot air
- There are foul smells coming from your air registers
- Your airflow is really weak or inconsistent
In our decades of service experience, we have encountered and resolved every kind of AC problem under the sun, and we guarantee we have a solution for yours as well. Using high-quality tools and technology, we will have your system back up and running in no time!
Why Is My Furnace Blowing Cold Air?
There is nothing more frustrating than turning your furnace on and being blasted by cold air. This issue is very common, but that doesn’t make it any less irritating. It can be caused by a number of things, including an incorrectly set thermostat (fan set to On instead of Auto), an extinguished pilot light, a deteriorated heat pump, a clogged condensate line, a faulty thermocouple, a clogged air filter, leaking ducts, and so much more. Regular maintenance and familiarity with the unit will significantly mitigate most of these issues, but if they don’t and you need heating services, call the furnace repair service professionals at Lex Air Conditioning and Heating. Our certified technicians know exactly what they are doing and can get the job done in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
Remember – determining the cause of your problem and subsequently fixing it is best done by a qualified professional. At Lex Air Conditioning and Heating, our Keller, TX heater repair specialists are here to quickly get to the bottom of your heating issue by providing a tune-up, repair, or a complete system furnace replacement.
How to Tell If Your Home Is Suffering from Poor Air Quality
Did you know that indoor air quality is often 2-5 times worse than outdoor air quality? Poor air quality can cause serious allergy and flu-like symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, respiratory infections, headaches, irritation of the skin, itchy eyes, nose, and throat, and more. Considering how much time you spend indoors, ensuring good air quality is critical.
The key to a healthy home and family is being able to recognize when you are suffering from poor air quality. Your home might also be suffering from poor air quality if:
- You have a lot of pets
- Someone living in your home is a smoker
- You and/or others in your home are frequently experiencing allergy or cold or flu-like symptoms.
- You have excessive amounts of dust around your home
- The air in your home smells stale or musty
- You discover mold growth
- Your home is extra humid
- There are cold and warm spots in your home
To determine how best to combat your poor air quality, turn to Lex Air Conditioning and Heating right away. Our Keller indoor air quality technicians offer a variety of air quality solutions and great service that can have you breathing fresher, cleaner air in no time.
Why Choose Lex Air Conditioning and Heating in Keller?
Backed by three generations of service excellence, Lex Air Conditioning and Heating is prepared to handle your every home comfort need. Our highly skilled technicians are familiar with all makes and models of HVAC equipment and equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technology, enabling them to provide perfect service every time. When you turn to us for HVAC service in Keller, you can expect same-day service, 24/7 emergency services, a free repair service estimate, well-stocked service vehicles, special financing options, free second opinions, and unparalleled customer care.