Flower Mound HVAC Services
Flower Mound AC Repair and Heater Repair
24/7 Emergency Heating & Air Conditioning Repairs
As all Texans know, our summers can feel hotter than the Sahara desert and our winters can feel colder than Antarctica. That means you need a high quality air conditioner and heater to keep your home comfortable throughout our state’s weather extremes. That also means you need reliable heating and air conditioning services from Lex Air Conditioning and Heating in Flower Mound, TX. We ensure that all our customers HVAC systems are working in optimal condition, saving you thousands in repair and energy costs over time. For more information on how we can best serve you and your air conditioning unit, call 972-217-8955 today.
Top 10 Reasons Your AC Needs to be Repaired or Replaced
- Age. Just like humans, air conditioning units get old and they don’t cool as effectively (a human’s ability to withstand heat and humidity also declines as we get older, offering a great explanation as to why many newspaper articles recommend that seniors head to a cooling center or even the mall when the heat/humidity rises). A typical AC system can last about 10 years before it has what HVAC companies refer to as “a catastrophic system malfunction.” In other words, the AC system stops working.
- Your air conditioner blows warm air into your house, which could indicate compressor malfunctions or a lack of refrigerant.
- Your air conditioning system has little to no air flow, which indicates compressor or air duct malfunctions.
- The HVAC system is producing strange odors, such as a musty or burning smell. A musty smell may indicate mold contamination in your unit, which can make your entire household sick. Meanwhile, a burning smell may indicate electrical malfunction.
- The AC unit is producing strange sounds, like clicking, bubbling, gurgling, clanging, etc.
- Your Flower Mound home thermostat is constantly malfunctioning. Think of your programmable thermostat as your air conditioning system’s brain. If the temperature is always incorrect or if your system doesn’t turn on and stay running, maybe your thermostat is the problem.
- You need frequent air conditioning repairs. Constant AC repairs and heating repairs are exhausting and stressful on your wallet. Lex Air Conditioning takes pride in helping our Flower Mound, TX customers save thousands in energy bills and repair bills through a simple air conditioning replacement.
- Your air conditioning and heating system creates humidity in your home. Flower Mound, TX humidity is bad enough. Your home should be a safe place of fresh, cool air. If that’s not the case, you certainly need top-notch HVAC services from Lex Air Conditioning. (If a replacement or repair is not needed, we also offer humidifiers and dehumidifiers in Flower Mound.)
- You notice moisture leaking from your AC unit. Sometimes HVAC systems condensate, which isn’t cause for concern. But if you ever notice oddly colored moisture leaking from your unit, you could be dealing with something dangerous like a refrigerant leak.
- The air conditioning and heating unit is not energy efficient, resulting in frequent spikes in your power bill.
At Lex Air, our certified technicians in Flower Mound fix all these air conditioning problems and more. If your unit is beyond repair, no worries! For our AC installations, we offer products from the top air conditioning brands on the market and are prepared to replace your entire unit at a moment’s notice. In addition to affordable AC installations, we also offer AC tune-ups, regular AC maintenance, indoor air quality services, and so much more so that your Flower Mound home stays cool and comfortable all summer (and fall, and spring, and sometimes even winter) long.
Top Notch Heating Services and Heater Installation in Flower Mound, TX
Not only are we experts at keeping your home cool, we’re also experts in keeping your home toasty during those chilly winter months. Lex Air Conditioning and Heating services all electric and gas heating systems so that your heating costs remain affordable. From heating system installation to regular, routine maintenance, we cover all the bases. More specifically, our HVAC company offers:
- Heater installation
- Heating system tune-up
- Furnace repairs
- Heat pump repair and replacement
- Programmable thermostat repair
- Home automation zoning
Don’t wait until a winter blizzard hits before you get a new heating system, have a heating system tune up, or decide it’s finally time for heat pump repair. Allow our licensed technicians from the best HVAC company in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to keep your home toasty when you need it most-y.
Maintaining Optimum Indoor Air Quality in Your Flower Mound Home
HVAC technicians at Lex Air understand that heating and air conditioning systems need to do more than just keep you cool or warm you up. These systems have to provide optimum indoor air quality too, for the sake of you and your family’s health and wellbeing. That’s why Lex Air offers:
- Air scrubber installation
- Humidifier and dehumidifier installation
- Air duct cleaning
- Air duct installation
- And more!
Oftentimes, annual maintenance for HVAC units and thorough air duct cleaning of old ducts is necessary for good health and a happy lifestyle. Our air quality services can reduce dust, pet dander, bacteria, strong odors, mold, viruses – and most importantly – poor air quality related illnesses.
How to Improve Air Conditioning Energy Efficiency in Flower Mound, TX
In order to prevent cooling system break downs, avoid frequent HVAC repairs, and maintain affordable energy bills, it’s crucial to take care of your HVAC equipment throughout its lifespan. Below, we teach you how to do just that.
Change Dirty Air Filters
Air conditioners that have dirty air filters will almost always struggle in the energy efficiency department. The general rule of thumb is to change air filters monthly. However, some air conditioning units have washable filters that just need regular cleaning. Lex Air Conditioning and Heating proudly changes and cleans air filters for all of our customers.
Fixing Air Leaks
Did you know that leaking air ducts can cause a 30% reduction in AC system performance? That’s why our technicians frequently perform the “smoke trick” on our service calls. Basically, the smoke trick helps our technicians discover all air leaks that may be causing the drop in your HVAC unit efficiency.
One of the best ways to maintain the health of AC units is to install timers so that the cold air isn’t on blast at your house while you’re at work or on vacation. This will save you money and the need for frequent AC repairs in the long run. Lex Air technicians can achieve this by installing programmable thermostats in your home.
Protecting Condensers and Compressors
Lastly, it’s crucial to protect your outdoor condenser and compressor from leaves, branches, animals, etc. In fact, homeowners are supposed to allow at least two feet of empty space around this equipment to prevent repairs and sky-high power bills. The best solution for this is to allow a Lex Air Conditioning and Heating technician to build a screen around the condenser and compressor.
24/7 Emergency Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Flower Mound, TX
At Lex Air Conditioning and Heating, we fully understand that HVAC units don’t wait to break down during regular working hours. We also know that HVAC units tend to conveniently break down during blizzards and 100+ degree weather. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency heating and air conditioning repair for all our customers. You can either make an appointment with us or call to request service immediately. Whatever you choose to do, we’ll make sure that your AC is back up and running in no time.
Call Flower Mound AC Repair and Heater Repair Technicians Today
At Lex Air Conditioning and Heating, we proudly offer customer satisfaction with every annual AC tune-up, heater installation, and HVAC repair. We know how expensive it is to maintain high-quality air in your home. That’s why we offer special financing options for all tune-ups and other HVAC maintenance in Flower Mound, TX. For more information on how we can make your Flower Mound air conditioning dreams come true, call 972-217-8955 today.