Working as part of a ductless mini-split system, this ductless split system heat pump is installed outside and works along with the indoor unit to deliver year-round comfort. Built to last, this ductless HVAC system is the perfect solution for homes where existing ductwork is either nonexistent or impractical to install.
Composed of three main components—an indoor unit consisting of a coil and a fan, an outdoor compressor unit and a remote control—most ductless heating and cooling systems are connected by refrigerant lines and require no ductwork. The indoor unit can be mounted on the wall or in the ceiling.
Trane’s ductless heating and cooling systems have Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratings (SEER) ranging from 16.00 to 22.00, making the systems remarkably efficient and environmentally friendly.
Since there is no ductwork to install, it’s easy to add a Trane ductless heat pump system to any home, in any room desired. It’s an economical and efficient option for homes without an existing ducted system or when adding ductwork may be impractical or too expensive.
Every Trane ductless split system heat pump consists of an indoor and an outdoor unit. Trane outdoor units feature:
- New, strong hot-dip galvanized steel grill prevents damage and has no negative effect on airflow.
- Automatic defrosting improves the ductless heating and cooling system’s heating efficiency and helps you save power.
- Special anti-corrosion treatment increases durability and ensures continued efficiency.
- The brushless compressor provides better balance, lower power consumption and higher efficiency.
- The compressor stops or delays operation if conflicts arise.