This indoor unit works as part of a multi split system. Our selection of Trane multi-split systems are mounted to the ceiling and offer versatile and high-efficiency heating and cooling for precise comfort with minimum ductwork.
Composed of three main components—an indoor unit consisting of a coil and a fan, an outdoor compressor unit and a remote control—most ductless multi-split systems are connected by refrigerant lines and require minimum ductwork. The indoor unit can be mounted on the wall or in the ceiling.
Trane’s ductless multi-split systems have Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratings (SEER) ranging from 16.00 to 22.00, making the systems remarkably efficient and environmentally friendly.
Each Trane multi-split system has specially designed air vents that efficiently reduce sound to provide quiet comfort as low as 26db, for whisper-quiet operation.
Since there is minimum ductwork to install, it’s easy to add Trane’s reliable heating and cooling to any home, in any room desired. Ductless multi-split systems are an economical and efficient option for homes without an existing ducted system or when adding extensive ductwork may be impractical or too expensive.
Every Trane multi-split system consists of an indoor and an outdoor unit. Trane indoor units feature:
- Specially designed air vent efficiently reduces operation noise to provide quiet comfort, as low as 29 dB.
- Each multi-split system is designed to exchange fresh air from outside to indoors improving the air quality of the room.
- The compact construction and simple structure of Trane’s ductless multi-split systems make the 4MXC8 Cassette and other concealed models easy to install and maintain.
- Easily drain condensation from either unit with the built-in drain pump. The maximum drain pipe height is 3.3 feet(1 m).
- You set the time for the unit to operate automatically when you want.
- Each Trane multi-split system is controlled with a wireless remote control (purchased separately) so you can easily control your system from anywhere in the room. The “I feel” function enables the system to sense temperature at the remote control, rather than a thermostat.
- Cassette indoor units ship with a wired controller displaying temperature, operational mode, and time settings.