The extraordinary Trane Hyperion™ air handler represents a substantial advance in air handling technology. Using 14 industry-exclusive patents, the Hyperion offers significant advantages over other air handlers, advantages like refrigerator-styled insulation made without exposed fibrous material, which virtually eliminates sweating and condensation as well as helping create a safer environment for your home.
The all-aluminum coil found in this new line of air handlers is exponentially more durable than standard copper coils, which are susceptible to formicary corrosion. This ensures families stay comfortable indoors all year long, no matter what the weather outside.
The double-walled cabinet eliminates the need for exposed insulation and helps prevent energy loss with the use of airtight plugs instead of conventional knockouts. This reduces the air handler’s carbon footprint and provides a cleaner environment.
ComfortLink™ II Communicating Capability
ComfortLink™ II communicating technology connects all of your key components, so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance through the lifetime of your products. In addition, the TAM9 model offers the added option of 24V connectivity.
Thanks to the exclusive Trane Vortica™ blower, the new Hyperion™ variable-speed air handler provides homeowners with reliable, ultra-quiet operation, so they can hear each other instead of the heating and cooling system.
Better, Cleaner Air
Pair this Trane variable-speed air handler with CleanEffects™ for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Every Trane variable-speed air handler is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The Hyperion™ TAM8 and TAM9 include:
- Uniquely designed cabinet
- Fully enclosed insulation
- All-aluminum coil
- Variable-speed Vortica™ blower motor
- Unique modular design
- Quick-turn fasteners
- Corrosion-resistant finish
- 24V Connectivity available in the TAM9 model
- Highly efficient variable-speed technology (on select models)
- ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (on select models)
- Electronic expansion valve metering device that is 400% more reliable than standard expansion valves
- Heating options for either hydronic or electric heat
- “No leak” drain pan made from rust-resistant composites and built with a gradual slope